tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Seeking a TSP for Win32 builder/maintainer

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Seeking a TSP for Win32 builder/maintainer
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:25:55 +0100

2007/2/2, Eric Noulard <address@hidden>

Nevertheless I see 2 limitations to this solution:

L1) Can we still generate an NSIS installer as we do on "genuine" win32
     platform?

I provider a partial answer to this,
it is possible since others do it (mingw32 + wine + nsis)
http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/README

<troll how="a little">
This seems really simple to set up if you are debian user:
apt-get install make mingw32 nsis wine

Other less powerful distribution user may find an harder way
to achieve this :))
</troll>

May a reason for this is that:
from http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Features
Portable Compiler
The NSIS compiler can be compiled for POSIX platforms like Linux and
*BSD. Generated installer will still run on Windows only, but this way
they can be generated without Windows or WINE.

Which is a very good point for NSIS (my opinion though).

--
Erk