tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Black board variables size

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Black board variables size
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:58:52 +0100

2007/2/19, Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
On 2/19/07, Yves DUFRENNE <address@hidden> wrote:
> My simple opinion :
> Put 256 to default size, and allow cmake to configure a new default if
> necessary to be smaller or bigger.
The problem is that increasing the size makes the resulting binaries
incompatible with each other.

That precisely the point we have discussed with Fred and that
some others (hi Cesare) told us recently we should now
take care of ascending compatibility.

My point of view is, we may add non-compatible change if we
are confident that the current change solves the
problem forever (i.e. foreseeable future) :))
I'm confident that  changing the size does not solve the problem.

> And I think that compressing  name is really too complex for that need.

I agree with the "too complex" point,
but I think that a controlling API may be useful to the BB anyway.

The idea that has been introduced by Fred is to try to keep
complexity outside bb_core by adding "optionnally" loaded function
to translate to and from realName to bbName.

I've committed some changes this afternoon as proof of concept, let me
know what you think about them (relevant parts are in bb_core.c)

I think it's cool :))
But it does not compile :))
bb_core.c, bb_simple.c and bb_tools.c refers to:

__bb_get_varname

whereas bb_core defines:

bb_get_varname

what is the purpose of the double underscore prefix?
On my side 1,$s/__bb_get_varname/bb_get_varname/g
works fine.

--
Erk