tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] dtest: a distributed test framework

From: Frederik Deweerdt
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] dtest: a distributed test framework
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:41:40 +0200

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 11:00:33AM +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2007/3/27, Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
> >> [Fred already posted dtest on this list and I'm working on it
> >> but any support is welcomed]
> >
> >We'll try to use it to test an in-house project, but time limits are
> >tight. I hope I'll be able to work on it soon. Did you manage to launch
> >the sample tests? What do you think about it overall?
>
> I'm in the process of trying to make it work :))
A mandatory step :))
> By the way I'm wondering about the need of the XMLRPC server
> for synchronization purpose.
> I mean I think THERE IS a real need but I think I may have done
> it in another way, I would think of remotely controlled process through
> an ssh link, I will try this and submit the idea.
Just to clarify, the need is two-fold:
- sync the tests through barriers
- report test results
I'm not strongly attached to XMLRPC, it just seemed handy to me.
> I like the idea of being able to build autonomous binary which
> could be deployed without python being installed I wonder
> if it could be optional.
You mean in case python is already installed on the target?

> When I get to clarify my own ideas I will get back to you :))
>
> By the way,  the tests says:
Hmm it seems that ctest has not been thaught how to parse the test
results :(.
The "ImportError: No module named test_helper" message is strange, the
cxFreeze should have included it in the binary... Path problem?