tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] failure provider link on TSP_consumer_request_sample()

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] failure provider link on TSP_consumer_request_sample()
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:47:36 +0200

2007/4/25, ZXOPESOGE001, Ext <address@hidden>:

hello,

I try to test a failure of communication between consumer and provider.For
that, i make a ctr-c on provider and i try with consumer to make a
TSP_consumer_request_sample().But , i have no exception and no result.

What do you mean by  no exception? no result?
Do you mean that the  TSP_consumer_request_sample function call never returns?
The thread you launched (if any) for tsp con

My last message error is :

TSP
Request||/home/intocv61/VAla/TSP/sources/src/core/driver/tsp_consumer.c##TSP_consumer_request_sample##978:
 SAMPLE

ERROR||/home/intocv61/VAla/TSP/sources/src/core/rpc/tsp_client.c##TSP_request_sample##252:
 : RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection reset by pee

How can i do to handle this error ?

If I assume that the TSP_consumer_request_sample function returns
normally.

The call to TSP_consumer_request_sample has a return code
which should be checked and different from the usual
TSP_STATUS_OK
this kind of error should set retcode to
TSP_STATUS_ERROR_PROVIDER_UNREACHABLE

When you get this kind of returned code, you probably
have to:

1) TSP_consumer_disconnect_one(theUnreachableProvider)

  theUnreachableProvider is the TSP_provider_t you get
  from the previous TSP_consumer_connect_url call.

2) then restart your tsp call from:
   TSP_consumer_connect_url

--
Erk