tuxread-dev

[Tuxread-dev] Much condolences

From: Sam Hart
Subject: [Tuxread-dev] Much condolences
Date: 07 Mar 2002 20:46:03 -0700

Sorry folks, I've been very unreliable for a while now. I have no unique
excuse, just the same old stuff you always hear from Open-Source
developers who stop contributing for a while. Anyone really interested
in the sordid details should probably read my diary entries since Feb. 6
at http://www.geekcomix.com/snh/ , and we'll leave it at that. But I'm
back, and I apologize.

Next item of business, my mail has had "issues". Long story short, I
have lost a great deal of unread mail (I have no idea how much). Anyone
who has sent me something urgent recently should probably send it again.
Also, anyone who got bounces from my mail, know that the problems are
now (theoretically) fixed.

Apologies and notices out of the way, I expect some people will probably
want to be off of these dev lists (they may have lost interest, or are
ticked at me, or whatever). Anyone wanting to remove themselves from
these lists feel free. If you do, however, please contact me privately
so I can thank you for the work and effort you've put in. Especially
contact me if you were someone with CVS or Bug-Tracking access on
SourceForge/Savannah and want to be relieved of those duties.

Tux4Kids:
---------
I'm moving forward again. Sorry to hold everything back so much with my
absence. This really proves I need to delegate more ;-) Anyway, here's
some minor notes of interest that you guys may or may not know of:

        Noink2: The web-based infrastructure work is still coming. I
        actually restarted back in feb because I felt the direction I
        was going was stupid. You can get all the Noink2 work from the
        noink2 CVS repository.

        New-Physics Teaching Aide: I've been discussing doing a complete
        re-write of a physics teaching system at use at the U of A
        Physics Department. I've managed to get several people
        interested, and we're proceeding with doing it as a Free-
        Software project. This will not exactly be "4Kids", but it will
        be something that can be used for College and High School age
        students. No site or source code repository yet. Anyone
        interested should probably just contact me privately at this
        point.

--
Sam "Criswell" Hart <address@hidden> AIM, Yahoo!: <criswell4069>
Homepage: < http://www.geekcomix.com/snh/ >