txr-users

[Txr-users] txr segfaults on startup, Mac OSX 10.6

From: Andy Wildenberg
Subject: [Txr-users] txr segfaults on startup, Mac OSX 10.6
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 21:25:06 -0700

I'm running OSX 10.6 on a Core Duo with the standard dev packages installed, and I'm having trouble building a functional txr.  I tried both txr-045 and txr-devel and in both cases I get a clean build but a segfault on launch.  When I run it through gdb, it shows what looks like infinite recursion.

My build process was just
  ./configure
  make
  make tests

make tests crashes w/ the segfault, but even the simplest examples on the txr home page (i.e. match 'four score' to itself) are crashing on startup.  I'm not an autoconf expert and I usually prefer Java/python to C, but when I look through the generated Makefiles, I'm not seeing anything weird.

Has anyone built a txr under OSX that runs successfully?  Is there something I'm missing?

I'm really hoping to be able to use txr -- I've had to write a lot of nasty scraping scripts in different languages, and if I can get it to work, txr will replace a lot of hand-rolled code that I've built so far...

Andy

p.s. here are the top 10 frames from gdb.  I forgot to specify how deep once, and had to broke out of it about 9000 frames in.

(gdb) where 100
#0  0x000000010002158a in uw_throwf (sym=0x0, fmt=0x10003a72b) at unwind.c:290
#1  0x0000000100015ab1 in num (n=<value temporarily unavailable, due to optimizations>) at lib.c:791
#2  0x0000000100022c93 in string_out_put_string (stream=<value temporarily unavailable, due to optimizations>, str=0x7fff5f400083) at stream.c:409