uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] [Bug #784] Error programming AT90S8535 in STK500

From: nobody
Subject: [Uisp-dev] [Bug #784] Error programming AT90S8535 in STK500
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:09:03 -0500

=================== BUG #784: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=784&group_id=2117

Changes by: Theodore A. Roth <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Nov-13 15:09 (US/Pacific)

The problem seems to be that the default timeout for TSerial::Send of 1 second
is not enough. Changing the timeout to 3 seconds seems to eliminate the
problem. The proposed fix is to increase the default value in Serial.h from 1
to 3.

=================== BUG #784: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: ccandreva                 Project: AVR In-System Programmer
Submitted on: 2002-Jul-01 08:14
Category:  None                         Severity:  3
Bug Group:  None                        Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  troth                     Status:  Open

Original Submission:  I am trying to program an 8535 in an STK500 developement
board using uisp. The flash erases successfully. However, after programming the
STK500 board is hung (status light is red)

uisp exits with an error talking to the programmer.

After power-cycleing the STK500, the chip is actually programmed correctly and
useable (though I can't guarantee this will be the case for every program, just
the one I tried last night).

Interestingly, if I use -dpart=AT90S8515 instead of 8535 (on the same chip, it
still claims to be programming an 8535, doesn't generate an error, but the
programmed chip does not work.

Follow-up Comments

Date: 2002-Nov-13 15:09             By: troth
The problem seems to be that the default timeout for TSerial::Send of 1 second
is not enough. Changing the timeout to 3 seconds seems to eliminate the
problem. The proposed fix is to increase the default value in Serial.h from 1
to 3.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: