uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] [AVR-GCC-LIST] OT: STK500 programming slowdown?

From: Matthias Ringwald
Subject: [Uisp-dev] [AVR-GCC-LIST] OT: STK500 programming slowdown?
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:00:13 +0100

hi

today, my stk500 has slowed down significantly.

did someone experience this problem, too?
did someone found a cause for it?

it just happened to me. I didn't do any hardware or software changes in the meantime. I'm working on mac os x using uisp(cvs 20020626) and windows with the avr studio 4. its slow on both machines.
its also not related to the target.
so I have 2 computers, 1 stk500, several targets. its about 10 times slower than before ( 3 minutes for a 50 K program)
so it looks like the stk500 is bad.

any ideas ?

thanks,

 matthias ringwald

thats an old posting describing the same problem, but no answer.. it was jsut cured.
Never mind; this problem seems to have gone away after rebooting the host
PC.  Very weird.

-- jm