uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] Bug in uisp?

From: Joakim Arfvidsson
Subject: [Uisp-dev] Bug in uisp?
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 08:51:59 +0100

I'm using uisp (version 20030618) with Mac OS X 10.3.2 and an Aten USB-serial converter. I do not know the chipset of that converter. I have a home-made AVR910 programmer connected to the serial port.

The problem I'm having is that I need to pull and reconnect the USB-serial converter to the mac between almost every transfer! Sometimes it works for several transfers. Even a small chat with the programmer getting the list of programmable chips counts in this respect.

The error message is "Programmer not responding". I can always do echo loooooooooooooooooooooooooong string > /dev/cu.usbserial0 and watch the light of the converter flash. That's why I feel the problem might lie with uisp.

Do you know anything about this, or have any tips of a workaround for me?

Joakim