uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] Posible bug programming the atmega64

From: odsanchezg
Subject: [Uisp-dev] Posible bug programming the atmega64
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:53:15 -0500

Good afternoon:

We are a group of students that are developing a proyect with the atmega64L
microcontroller. We are using UISP (uisp-20040311) for testing the performance
of a PCB that we have degined.

In previous proyects we used the atmgea8535 microcontroller, and the programs
that we have made for this device had work fine, although we found that the
atmega8535 is not tested to work rigth with UISP.

The problem is that when we program the atmega64 microcontroller, every thing
seems to be good (becouse there is no any error message) but the
microcontroller don't do what we want to, exactly it don't do any thing.

We are attempting to load a very simple program so we don't understand what's
happening. The values of the fuses are the next:

address@hidden ledtest-ddd]# uisp -dlpt=/dev/parport0 --rd_fuses  -dprog=dapa
Atmel AVR ATmega64 is found.

Fuse Low Byte      = 0xe4
Fuse High Byte     = 0x99
Fuse Extended Byte = 0xfe
Calibration Byte   = 0xaf  --  Read Only
Lock Bits          = 0xff
    BLB12 -> 1
    BLB11 -> 1
    BLB02 -> 1
    BLB01 -> 1
      LB2 -> 1
      LB1 -> 1

So, as you can see the computer can recognize the device, but, why we can't see
any change in the microcontroller outputs?.

We send in the attachmet file our Makefile and the code of a very simple
program.

Can you please send me back and e-mail explain what we are doing worng.

Thanks a lot.

Oscar Sánchez UN