uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] [patch #3933] Flush Serial Port on Open - Needed for Serial B

From: anonymous
Subject: [Uisp-dev] [patch #3933] Flush Serial Port on Open - Needed for Serial Bootloader
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:20:58 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

We're using a stk500 compatible bootloader on the avr128. to program, we
press and hold the reset butten of the embedded system, then start uisp (uisp
sends its sdk500 hello msg) and release the reset button. the bootloader
starts with sdk500 "I'm here" message which triggers uisp to respond
immediately.

For this to work, uisp should not get any garbage data from the last program
run. A simple fix for Serial.C just flushed the Serial Port on opening. I
guess this should not harm anyone else, but helps us a lot (what do you
expect from a freshly opened serial port? :)

Carbon-Copy List:

CC Address                          | Comment
mringwal --AT-- inf --DOT-- ethz --DOT-- ch | Originator Email

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 04/22/2005 at 16:20  Name: Serial.C.patch  Size: 303B   By: None
Serial.C.patch
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?item_id=3933&item_file_id=4488>