uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] [patch] Alignment on ARM

From: Matthias Ringwald
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] [patch] Alignment on ARM
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:34:48 +0200

hi

If data is to be sent in a byte stream, then this should either be done on the fly or the data should be
prepared in a buffer manually as Raphael was doing.

Just serializing a C struct by reading all its bytes can always lead to problem,
starting from little-endian vs. big-endian.

so I prefer the manual buffer setup in favor of fancy compiler flags which will
for sure break on whatever gcc/hw/os combination.

just my 2 cents

matthias ringwald