uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] Arduino integration

From: Tom Magnier
Subject: [uracoli-devel] Arduino integration
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 19:30:18 +0200

Hello µracoli readers !

I am a new member of this list and new user of this software stack that looks really adapted to my needs :)

Short presentation :
I work with an artistic team in the digital arts field and we recently built 250 mega256RFR2-based wireless LED drivers (can be seen in action here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC9DKbbt6gk ). Initially I was using the Atmel 802.15.4 MAC with an XBee Pro as the computer interface but I'm looking at higher baud rates and switching to a Dresden Elektronik module.

I came to µracoli looking for a wireless bootloader and am planning to use it to replace the Atmel MAC which is way too complicated for my needs, i.e. broadcast one-way communications...

I am currently looking into a better Arduino integration, as in the future I may not be the only person to develop the firmware for our custom modules.

At the moment I just changed the organization of the generated "hardware" folder, dropping the core that was copied from Arduino version 1.0 and setting up an "HardwareRadio" library instead, to be used with the standard Arduino core. This is mainly a Scons script patch but I would be happy to contribute it back if you find it appropriate !

Next, I plan to adapt the WiBo bootloader and finally to integrate wibohost.py to upload directly from the Arduino IDE, thus providing a cross-platform and easy to set up solution.

Thanks for the great work, this library looks really promising to me !

All the best,

Tom