users-prolog

RE: Stack size

From: Detlef Sax
Subject: RE: Stack size
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 07:50:19 +0200 (CEST)

On 13-Apr-01 zet wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've set GLOBALSZ equal to 200000 (200M), and it dumps core right after
> start.
> It's a bug or a feature? %)
> Why it allocates memory at the very begin?

What is it?
Which GNU Prolog version?
Which operating system?
Problems compiling GNU Prolog?
Problems compiling your source?
If, what are the error messages?
How large is the amount of available memory on your mainboard?
How large have you set the other *SZes?
You're sure you have no infinite recursion in the source?
Please tell something about your source.
There is a builtin debugger. Do you stepped through your programm
by setting spy points?

Sorry for asking this questions. I'm not a experienced Prolog programmer.
Prolog only makes my mind more clear. So even if you restart asking more
detailed questions with some more informations to this mailing list, perhaps
I will not be able to answer them. But maybe someone other and but: a lot of
questions to this list are not be answered and I want to show that someone
is still reading and trying to give even a smallest hint.

greetings
Detlef