users-prolog

Newbie: Executables don't execute

From: carlos calderon
Subject: Newbie: Executables don't execute
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:49:20 +0100

Hi all,

I am new to the list and relatively new to GNU-Prolog. Therefore, apologies if the question has already been answered.

A few weeks ago, I did a series of small programs using gnu-prolog under Linux RedHat 6.2, and everything was fine. Now, I have moved to another machine with Linux RedHat 7.0 and created new executables based upon my old source files (*.pl) but neither these new ones nor the old executables work.

This is what happens:

Type: #gplc filename.pl (to create executable and fine)
Type: #filename (and...message)

I got the following message:
bash: filename: command not found

I have also used one of the examples given in the manual to test the GNU Prolog interactive interpreter and it seems to be working.

It's been a while since I used gnu-prolog and I could be missing something pretty obvious. Again, apologies to everyone.

Many thanks,

-Carlos