users-prolog

Problems with the compiling(I send you a little example).

From: cegea
Subject: Problems with the compiling(I send you a little example).
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:07:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Firstly, I have said you that I am working with Debian Linux, Gnu-Prolog
(gprolog-1.2.16) and Logtalk(lgt2147).
I have a problem when I make a executable file and I have used the
libfoo.a library that I have made with the 'ar' linux command.
I send you several files, with a shell scripts , which generates two
executable files baa_cool and baa_crash.

If one of the symbols is in the library --> ko  (File executable baa_crash).

Then I obtain the error message:

  uncaught exception:
  error(existence_error(object,foo),foo::do_fo(2,3,_26),user).

If we links all files, without library, --> ok  (File executable baa_cool).

The shell scripts generates the library libfoo.a.

This is the last e-mail that Paulo sent me, one year ago, I hope that the
email can help you.
on my Mac, doing a ls -l on baa_* gives:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 pmoura  pmoura   1576428 20 Dec 13:37 baa_cool
-rwxr-xr-x  1 pmoura  pmoura   1570444 20 Dec 13:37 baa_crash

You will notice that the baa_crash is smaller than baa_cool. I would
expect both files to be equal, both in size and contents. Clearly,
baa_crash does not contain the internal Logtalk bookkeeping tables
(including the table of loaded objects). These tables (represented as
dynamic predicates) seams to be striped in one of the steps of creating
baa_crash but not when creating baa_cool.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos.