users-prolog

compiling C using Gnu-prolog with Visual 6.0

From: Emmanuel Néron
Subject: compiling C using Gnu-prolog with Visual 6.0
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:13:38 +0100

I have installed Gnu-prolog with Visual C++ 6.0 under XP (with the auo-install file). It works well, and I'm abble to compile 'standart' Gnu-Prolog files. It becomes harder when I tried to call some Gnu-prolog  from a C/C++ program, defined into a Visual Project . I am able to compile the neither example.c nor new_main_c.c (Gnu-Prolog/ExamplesC).

I have specified to the compiler the library path = C:\GNU-Prolog\lib, and added the corresponding .lib
I have tried without specifynig the W32guicons.dll into the project properties and then I get :
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBC" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
libbips_pl.lib(os_interf_c.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol address@hidden
libbips_pl.lib(os_interf_c.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol address@hidden
libengine_pl.lib(machine.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol address@hidden
libengine_pl.lib(machine.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol address@hidden
libengine_pl.lib(machine.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol address@hidden
libengine_pl.lib(machine.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol address@hidden
libengine_pl.lib(obj_chain.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _obj_chain_end
libengine_pl.lib(obj_chain.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _obj_chain_begin
Debug/CtoProlog.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

Thus I tried with adding the W32guicons.dll and the I get
c:\gnu-prolog\lib\W32guicons.dll : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file
Error executing link.exe.
May someone explain me what .lib .obj .dll are required to compile new_main_c.c with Visual C++ 6.0 ?

Thank for your help.

Emmanuel