vampire-public

RE: [Vampire-public] Xenofarm

From: Burrus, Nicolas
Subject: RE: [Vampire-public] Xenofarm
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:11:45 -0500

I've just read the documentation, and it suffers major limitations:

- Each potential client machine has to run a standalone script, which wait
for a tarball to be uploaded on a web server. Thus, clients must be
authorized to access external web servers, and must run a daemon (written in
sh, so it should be quite portable).

- There is no communication nor scheduling between client and servers, the
server just upload a tarball on a webserver, and the clients detect it,
compile the tarball, and upload the results on the webserver.

- All client machines run every tests, there is no concept of similar
machines, with an optimal repartition of tests.

I may have missed some points which remove some of the above limitations,
but as far as I've seen Xenofarm does not make Vampire useless :)