vcdimager-gui-devel

Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] XML-parsers

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] XML-parsers
Date: 30 Nov 2001 18:55:11 +0100

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 18:41, Laurens Koehoorn wrote:
> > > MSXML3
> and
> LIBXML(2)

> I think libxml would be the best solution for my app because I don't want to
> force the user to install the MSxml3(or 4), but how did you compile it into
> vcdxbuild? Static or Dynamic? If dynamic where are you taking the DLL from?
> I gues it's not standard in the win32 OS installed.
it's not... as it's free software (which microsoft does not like)

have you tried
http://www.fh-frankfurt.de/~igor/projects/libxml/index.html
yet?

> I would like to compile my app dynamicly against the msvcrt.dll so the app
> will work in NT and in w9x, but to prevent that I must redistribute libxml
> with my app, I must look for a way to compily libxml staticly (do you know
> if this is possible, and if yes - how?).
I'm no win32 developer.... so I don't know how it works there...

(the vcdimager win32 builds are done with help from the cygwin
environment... and they are done statically... but I plan to switch to
dynamic libxml linking some time...)

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key