vcdimager-gui-devel

Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Auto-Pause & Auto-Wait + Multi-Default &Defaul

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Auto-Pause & Auto-Wait + Multi-Default &Default
Date: 02 Dec 2001 10:05:04 +0100

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 02:23, Laurens Koehoorn wrote:
> > > How does the "AutoPause" and "AutoWait" tags work?
> > > Are "AutoPause"-points the same like "entry"-points?
> > not exactly.... the auto pause points don't have to fall on APS video
> > sectors...
> Now you're writing about something I don't understand entirely (actually not
> all - still) : "what the hell" are/is APS ?
please read it up in the documentation... (APS == access point sector)

>> on selection lists, autopause points cause the play-item to be paused!
> so it's advised to use them only in PlayLists (but should then the
> 'AutoWait' tag be defined too?)
if you don't define it, it has a default value (which should be
documented in the manual...)

> so, when using the 'multi-default' tag, I understand I do not need to
> specify the 'default' tag in the list?
the use of multi-default and default tag is mutually exclusive...

> but then again, what do you mean with "the parts of the play-item are
> divided by using entry points as boundary markers..."?

With a multi-default selection list you can allow the viewer to press a
button (i.e. the 'default' button) and jump to an appropriate menu or
other pbc-item/list, depending on how far through the video playback has
reached;

i.e. imagine a shopping video, where the underlying sequence item shows
various products, and asks the user to press the 'default' button,
whenever he wants to know more details about the current item...
(instead of having to press a specific number, as for numeric based
selection lists)

the entry points are needed to define, where each new product starts
being shown, as the sequence is continuous...

hope this makes it clearer...

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key