vgabios-developers

[Vgabios-developers] Port vgabios to gcc?

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: [Vgabios-developers] Port vgabios to gcc?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:18:10 -0500

Hi,

I've recently ported the bochs bios from bcc to gcc.  I've called this
effort "SeaBIOS".  I noticed that the lgpl'd vgabios also uses bcc and
has many similarities to bochs bios.

Is there any interest in porting the lgpl'd vgabios to gcc also?

SeaBIOS already has code for transitioning to C code, accessing the
BDA, printk, etc.  If you're interested, SeaBIOS can be pulled by
running:

git clong git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/kevin/seabios.git

-Kevin