viewmail-info

[VM] visiting Thunderbird mailboxes

From: Salome Södergran
Subject: [VM] visiting Thunderbird mailboxes
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:15 -0000

Hi!

I've just encountered a new problem:

When I try to visit one of my former thunderbird-mailboxes in vm
(with vm-visit-folder) I get the following warning:

"Warning: garbage found at end of folder,
/PATH/TO/MAILBOX, starting at 1  No messages."

and no messages are displayed. What does this mean and is there anything
that can be done?
With some of my TB-mailboxes there is no problem, with others I get this
warning. And with again others, only a minority of the messages are displayed,
others not, but no warning displayed.
I can't see what's wrong with the mailbox in question. When I open it in
text-mode, there is nothing akward about it, and the messages are properly
separated from each other. I even deleted the last few messages (as the
warning said "at end of folder") but with no success.

The switch from TB to VM would be somewhat more comfortable if I could
easily and reliably visit the former TB-mailboxes. But I've already come
too much to appreciate VM, so if there should be no solution I'd try to
make the best of the situation. :-)

Salome