viewmail-info

Re: [VM] defining groups of recipients

From: Salome Södergran
Subject: Re: [VM] defining groups of recipients
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:20 -0000

Uday Reddy <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4/25/2011 8:52 AM, Salome Södergran wrote:
>
>> I use bbdb and autocompletion. When composing a message, is there a
>> way to specify not just single recipients but a predefined group of
>> recipients?
>> [snip] I
>> added (add-hook 'mail-mode-hook 'mail-abbrevs-setup) to my .vm-file
>> but that doesn't work yet.
>
> I have the same line of customization, but it is in my .emacs file
> rather than the .vm file.  (mail-mode is part of Emacs, not VM.)

I finally found a solution, after trying without success to define
aliases in the .mailrc file. It's as easy as using the field mail-alias
within bbdb. I just came across it in the bbdb-manual; don't know
whether I didn't see or just didn't understand this part of the bbdb-manual
when first reading it. Whether the mail-mode-hook-line is part of .emacs
or .vm doesn't seem to make a difference; at least in my case it works
both ways.

Best, Salome