viewmail-info

Re: [VM] wrong type argument

From: Salome Södergran
Subject: Re: [VM] wrong type argument
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 08:25:50 +0200

Uday Reddy <address@hidden> writes:

> On 5/16/2011 7:56 AM, Salome Södergran wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> When I try to save and exit from a certain mail-folder I get the
>> message:
>>
>> vm-stuff-thunderbird-status: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p,
>> 300000000.0
>>
>> It happens with just this one folder, and started to do so only
>> recently. What does this mean and how can I get things working again?
>
> You haven't said which version of VM you are using.

Version 8.1.93a.

> There is an old problem covered here
>
>      https://bugs.launchpad.net/vm/+bug/594842
>
> Is this what you are facing?

The difference to the situation in the bug description is that I am not
trying to visit a genuine thunderbird folder and that it is a fairly small
folder (533k). It used to be a thunderbird folder but after switching to
vm I copied it to my vm-mail-folder and have ever since been using it as
a vm-folder only. As mentioned before there were no problems with it
until just lately.

regards, salome