viewmail-info

Re: [VM] smtp error

From: Dave Webb
Subject: Re: [VM] smtp error
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:19:03 -0500

On Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 13:53:11 (-0600), John Hein wrote:

 > smtp is the protocol for outgoing mail.
 > Perhaps you meant to write "imap" or "pop".
 you're completely correct, sorry, i meant imap

 > One should not see this error.  It's typically either a corrupt folder

 appears to be in the file itself, as after moving and checking it came down
fine, i will keep an eye on this file and see what is corrupting

 > For these kinds of issues, it will usually help if you can narrow
 > it down to a simple reproducible case.  You should also try using

thanks for some guide lines for tracking down problems, i will attempt to
improve on my fault finding and clarity.

thank you very much for your help. I find vm exceptional for quick email
sorting, deleting, refiling and much more. I hope to learn how to use it and
all its features without breaking it in the future.

--
Dave Webb
address@hidden