viewmail-info

Re: [VM] returning from virtual folders

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] returning from virtual folders
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:12:57 +0000

Julian Bradfield writes:

> The new feature that quitting a virtual folder preserves the current
> message, is sometimes useful. More often, for me, it's annoying to
> have my place lost in the main folder.
> Could it be customizable?

Indeed, making it "customizable" is a good idea.

One possibility is to use the distinction between `vm-quit' and
`vm-quit-no-change'.  `vm-quit' in a virtual folder used to do expunging and
saving etc., which was undesirable in an interactive virtual folder.  I
believe the current trunk has gotten rid of all of that. So, there is no
difference between `vm-quit' and `vm-quit-no-change' at the moment.

We could say that `vm-quit-no-change' returns you to the original message in
the base folder and `vm-quit' returns you to the current message in the base
folder.

Do you think that would be enough?

> And I'd suggest that it would be good to set the mark in the main
> folder summary at the previous current message (for the new
> behaviour), or what would be the new current message (for the old
> behaviour).

Is this about the old bug report

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/vm/+bug/936517

That is fixed in the trunk.