viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Emacs24: "Marker points into wrong buffer"

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [VM] Emacs24: "Marker points into wrong buffer"
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:48:48 +1000

I experienced this issue as well. I removed my .vm.preferences file, leaving just the 'core' stuff in my .vm and the problem whent away. Have not tried tracking down exactly what in my .vm.preferences file is causing the issue, but I suspect it is the bits to deal with message threading. Just mention it in case someone is looking into this as not sure when I'll have time to look closer.

Tim

On 8 September 2013 12:47, Rene <address@hidden> wrote:
Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> While the change might be a bug in the development code of Emacs, it
> might also point to a harmless bug in VM that simply wasn't
> detected earlier.

You're exactly right.

This happens whenever the marker in the summary buffer points to an email
that is different from the one already displayed.

Once this error happens then VM behaves eratically.  It becomes impossible
to get back to a steady state.

--
Rene

--