viewmail-info

Re: [VM] sending email with ssl to Verizon server

From: Alan Wehmann
Subject: Re: [VM] sending email with ssl to Verizon server
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:53:32 -0500

I am still investigating what I can say that is useful about the error reported by Richard when checking for new mail.

As for sending email, I had success using gnutls-cli from Cygwin, together with the smtp package in Emacs 24.2 on a laptop running Windows XP Home. I am using the win32 version of emacs (version is reported as "GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2012-08-28 on MARVIN"). I'll provide more details in a later message.