viewmail-info

Re: [VM] long format IMAP folder names

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] long format IMAP folder names
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:36:58 +0000

Joe Malcolm writes:

> OK, thank you. Is this the syntax that would be used to save a message
> from a local folder to an imap folder? If not, is this possible?

The long format is what we need to use inside Lisp code or
customisations. This was Kyle Jones's original design.

I added a front-end so that any time we need to type in a folder name from
the minibuffer, we can use the short format. So,the short format is only for
interactive use.

To save a message from a local folder to imap folder, please use
`vm-save-message-to-imap-folder'.

> Or for incorporating an IMAP folder into a virtual folder?

If this is in Lisp code, then the long format.

Cheers,
Uday