Re: [vile] Errors building on HP-UX 11

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Errors building on HP-UX 11
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:54:55 -0500

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:38:44AM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> We are porting our Solaris code to HP-UX so I thought I would build
> vile on the HP system as well.
>
> I did a basic ./configure and then 'make'.  It gets 17 errors when
> compiling sql-filt.c :-
>
>     "sql-filt.c", line 120: error #2852: expression must be a pointer to a
>               complete object type
>                                     new_state(INLINE_CMT);
>                                     ^
odd - I would expect the similar code for flt_stack.h to have problems also.
Aside from that, the undef for YY_NO_INPUT in sql-filt.l seems to be the
only unique feature of that filter.  Errors like this may also be due to
some inadvertant use of a reserved name, but I don't see any possibilities
in the file.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net