Re: [vile] Odd problem with setting colour resource

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Odd problem with setting colour resource
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:51:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 31 May 2006, address@hidden wrote:

In my .vilerc file I have the line:-

   set bcolor=default

This works fine nearly every time I start vile but for one case.  When
I start vile from inside Firefox (using the mozex extension) I get an
error:-

   [No match for 'default']

from vile.

It makes no difference what I change 'default' to vile refuses to find
it.  What sort of environment change can cause vile to do this?  I
assume it must be something in its environment that causes this
problem.

probably Firefox's resetting $TERM to something like "vt100" which
doesn't have colors.  In that case, the available colors are only
"black" and "white".  If that's the case, you can test the $ncolors
variable to see if it's 2, and put an if-endif around the code in your
.vilerc file

As a workaround is there some way I can set bcolor to a numeric value?

--
Chris Green (address@hidden)