Re: [vile] I can't get 'fillcol' to work

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] I can't get 'fillcol' to work
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 16:57:13 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, address@hidden wrote:

OK, thanks, I have basically what I want now.  Is setting fillcol and
wrapwords the simplest way to get get a 'fixed' text width in varying
window widths?  I run mutt via ssh from various different places and
from home I'm using a >80 column window whereas from work I use an 80
column window.

I _think_ so.  I suppose you could add it to the mailmode definition,
e.g.,

~with define-submode mail
        set wrapwords
        set fillcol=80
~endwith

(I generally set fillcol shorter in email/postings, to simplify the next
reply, if any).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net