[vile] xvile's middle button paste moves cursor to the right

From: Eric Krohn
Subject: [vile] xvile's middle button paste moves cursor to the right
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:00:12 -0700

I like to paste text into xvile when it is command mode, as that preserves
whitespace from the selection without autoindenting.  However, one of the
annoying side effects of the middle mouse button paste is that the xvile
cursor moves one position to the right.  Which means if I want to do a
series of pastes into the midst of existing text lines, I keep having to
move the cursor back to the beginning of the line.  Is this one of those
genuine-vi compatibility settings, or is it a bug in xvile?

--
Eric Krohn