Re: [vile] Unable to cut/paste on RH linux.

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Unable to cut/paste on RH linux.
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:29:56 -0400

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 11:35:55AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Steven Lembark wrote:
>
>> This stopped happening for a short time, then started
>> happening again:
>>
>> - Uanble to paste into xvile.
>> - Paste from xvile into any window from a remote
>>  host (i.e., via DISPLAY set from remote box)
>>  blows up with:
>
> hmm - xvile dies?  (I guess so - we should catch the X errors).

Reading the code, I see it could - given an X error.
Usually they're rare (disregarding the obvious case of closing the window).

I seem to recall some discussion with Kevin Buettner to the effect
that those would be irrecoverable.  However, it's relatively simple
to make vile's fatal-error routine imdying() catch those and at least
try to save edits.  I added that, and a change per Chris Green's report in

ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/vile-9.6j3.tgz

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net