Re: [vile] strange 9.7 vile behavior under FreeBSD

From: Gary Jennejohn
Subject: Re: [vile] strange 9.7 vile behavior under FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:04:04 +0200

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:06:44 -0400 (EDT)
Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> Configuring --with-trace would at least get something that you can
> see keystrokes in.  For debugging, I'd added some trace in eightbit.c
>
> If it's not due to some setting in your .vilerc, then the "Trace.out"
> is much smaller when running from a stub-sized .vilerc

I forgot to mention that I moved .vilerc away to check for problems there.

I'll think about turning on trace, although I'm satisfied with my
work around.

> I assume you're seeing this with a recent FreeBSD though - I've got
> a FreeBSD 6.0 for local testing.

Yes, I'm running 8-current.  As a committer I have to "eat our own
dogfood", as the saying goes.

---
Gary Jennejohn