Re: [vile] Two bugs: &gtmotion crash and bad configure error message

From: Jānis Rūcis
Subject: Re: [vile] Two bugs: &gtmotion crash and bad configure error message
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 03:59:21 +0300

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 07:03:11PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 01:12:49PM +0300, J??nis R??cis wrote:
> > 2) When configuring Vile with '--with-loadable-filters --with-perl',
> > the configure script claims it can't find the dlsym function, however,
> > config.log reveals that it is actually a missing -lperl that makes the
> > dlsym test fail.
>
> oh.  The configure script does something like this:
>
>       perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts
>
> to obtain the "-lperl".  That sounds as if perl can be installed to

This occurs on Debian Testing and the error goes away after installing
libperl-dev, which apparently just contains a symlink from libperl.so
to the already-installed libperl.so.x.y.  I believe the setup is
fairly standard; practically all of the installed perl packages have
been pulled in as dependencies of other packages.