Re: [vile] TODO list for vile

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] TODO list for vile
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:18:47 -0500

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 10:34:16AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 04:18:38PM +0100, karim hamidou wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My name is Karim Hamidou, I'm a student and I find myself with a lot
> > of spare time because of the inter-semester.
> > Is there a list of bugs that I could help to fix ?
>
> I have a to-do list on my home machine.
> Most of it is wishlist items (I usually fix
> bugs as I find them - new features take longer).

for instance (wishlist)

        081014 for the moment decided not to extra-color show-registers since
        the string part can be multi-line, complicating the use of
        bputsn_xcolor, which only works for single lines.  The same issue
        applies to show-variables for $kill.

        081106 would be nice to use extra-colors for ":set nu", but those are
        drawn using vtputsn, which is below the bputsn level.

bug - none fatal, but lots of irritants

        080928 found bug with "~trace on" - it interferes with the undo-stack.
        I did a ":r" to read a file and could not undo that.

        080928 should only prompt for commands with GLOBOK when doing something
        like
                :g/b/<tab><tab>
        That's using the kbd_engl() function, which has no clean way to
        filter on flags.

        2007/8/24
        I typed ">/xx" and got things shifting.  So (in display.c) I tried
">/MARK"
        and got nothing happening.  I tried again, and got a prompt that
included
        the trailing null.  Looking in [History], I saw the pattern prompt, but
        no ">".  Either the whole command or no part should be in [History]:
        /xx
        /MARK
        /"MARK"
        show-history

        050515 if I do a 'q' or '2q' select in [Registers], with the
        screen shifted sideways, I see that the beginning of the
        highlighted part is 12 columns to the right of where it should
        be.  Apparently something's adding the left-margin where it
        should not.  The selected text as deposited into [Registers]
        looks ok.