Re: [vile] local .vilerc handling

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] local .vilerc handling
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:55:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Paul Fox wrote:

i haven't tried this in a long time, and maybe i'm just botching
it, but tracing and stracing make me suspicious:

i have a particular directory of code where i need c-tabstop set
to '4'.  so i created a local .vilerc file:
   source /home/pgf/.vilerc
   set c-tabstop 4

but this local file isn't being read.  strace shows me a call to
access() which shows it exists, but it's never opened.  the only
file read is $HOME/.vilerc (which happens with or without the
local file).

does this work for others?  am i misremembering how this
should/could work?

if the file's writable by other users, vile won't use it - see the
is_our_dir/is_out_file checks in bind.c's cfg_locate function

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net