Re: [vile] Xterm titel issue

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Xterm titel issue
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:46:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Paul van Tilburg wrote:

Hi!

Since a few months ago, I let vile update my Xterm title.  I use the
'xterm-title' setting.  Now, I have some macros that launches a
postscript or PDF viewer (using capture-command), however sometimes
after a call to the macro the title will be 'xterm' and remain until I
restart vile.
Am I doing something wrong or is this just a plain 'ol bug?

What does the macro look like?  In xterm I've not seen any particular
issue with the xterm-title setting.

But other things (than vile and xterm) can interfere with it - for instance a quick check shows me that screen is filtering out the title-string controls (a problem that comes and goes according to the screen bug-reports ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net