Re: [vile] comment leaders and reformatting

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] comment leaders and reformatting
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:35:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, address@hidden wrote:
Ahhh yes, I use screen all the time as well. Have you found a convenient
replacement for ^a?  Right now I'm being lazy and using '^a a'.

no - the keystrokes get complicated. I generally mark a line and format from the :-line (or if I'm doing something repetitive, I bind 'K' to whatever's useful at the moment). The other people using vile tend to use the fancier key-bindings...

more to the point, ^A and ^X are bound to functions, and it would be
possible to bind another character to the same functions, e.g., 'K'
or 'g'.

A quick check seems to show this is working.   I did

:describe-bindings
:bind-key cntl_a-prefix g

and the binding-list was updated (on the screen), and gf} formats a paragraph.

(report bugs ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net