Re: [vile] Question about regions

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [vile] Question about regions
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:09:09 -0400

thomas wrote:
 > On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Paul Fox wrote:
 > > never use), i had to type
 > >    ds<motion>q
 > > instead of
 > >    ds<motion>s
 > > which is what i think i would have expected.
 >
 > Perhaps you did what I tried first, something like
 >
 >      bind-key quoted-fullline-motion s
 >
 > vile's looking for the selection-modjj key bindings at that point,
 > rather than the default key bindings.
 >
 > This works:
 >
 >      bind-selmode-key quoted-fullline-motion s

huh.  i'd never seen bind-selmode-key.   but it seems like
i have to do both of:
        bind-key quoted-fullline-motion s
        bind-selmode-key quoted-fullline-motion s
for it to work the way i'd expect.  (i guess it's good that the
"enter" and "leave" keys can be different -- i just expected them
to be the same by default.)

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 61.0 degrees)