[vile] Vile scripts path question

From: Chris G
Subject: [vile] Vile scripts path question
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:20:22 +0100

I have an odd error running a pre-compiled vile on a Centos 5.2 system
where I have a shell login account.

I have set the following in my environment:-

    export VILE_LIBDIR_PATH=$HOME/usr/share/vile
    export VILE_STARTUP_PATH=$HOME/usr/share/vile

All the vile .rc files and filter files are in $HOME/usr/share/vile.

When I start vile and it tries to do any syntax highlighting it shows
the following:-

    ~if &not $highlight
            ~return
    ~elseif &seq $majormode ''
            ~return
    ~elseif &filter $majormode
            ~local $curcol $curline
            ~hidden goto-beginning-of-file
            ~hidden attribute-directly end-of-file $majormode
            ~return
    ~else
            ~local $curcol $curline
            ~local %filtername %filterpath %filteropts
            ~hidden goto-beginning-of-file
            ~if &seq $filtername ''
                    set-variable %filtername &cat 'vile-' &cat $majormode
'-filt'
            ~else
                    set-variable %filtername $filtername
            ~endif
            set-variable %filterpath &word 0 %filtername
            set-variable %filteropts &right %filtername &add 1 &len %filterpath
            ~if &seq '' &lookup e+p &cat %filterpath $exec-suffix
                    set-variable %filterpath &lookup e+l &cat %filterpath
$exec-suffix
            ~endif
            ~if &not &seq %filterpath ''
                    ~hidden attribute-from-filter end-of-file &cat &pquote
    %filterpath &cat %filteropts>
            ~endif
    ~endif

... and in the status line there's:-

    === [HighlightFilter] [vilemode view-only]

If I run vile on a non-program file where it doesn't try to do syntax
highlighting it works OK.

So what's going on?

--
Chris Green