Re: [vile] searching and deleting

From: hymie!
Subject: Re: [vile] searching and deleting
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:06:36 -0400

Paul Fox writes:

>if it's not too many, the search string in vile has history,
>so you should be able to use up-arrow to get back to the 1321195617
>you want to search for again.

I did not know that.  Vile gets awesomer and awesomer all the time.

>does the file all look like you've quoted?  in that case instead
>of doing the second search, you could delete the next paragraph
>with
>    d}
>instead of your
>    d/^\[

Yes.  I don't use { } that often because I don't usually think in
terms of "paragraphs", but this is exactly what I needed.  Thank you.

>and finally, you know about the macro facility?

I don't.  But I'll check it out.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden