Re: [vile] under-cursor

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: Re: [vile] under-cursor
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:41:52 -0400

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 07:08:52PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> Since it's a writable mode, you could in principle redefine it.  The only
> gotcha is that it starts from the current position, so you would get
> interesting matches.

I'm not sure I understand the implications of this comment. It starts
from the current position right now correct? So the behavior would be
the same I think.

I was kinda hoping for the ability to map another key that calls another
function that uses a different delimiter variable so I had the option to
use both. I suppose I could dynamically reassign the variable in a
function? I guess I was assuming that "the word under the cursor" was
identified according the vi's motion command 'w' and I was looking for
something to be picked up similar to the 'W' motion command. But looking
at the help file has cleared things up.

Thanks