[vile] mini-buffer question

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: [vile] mini-buffer question
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 16:30:29 -0500

According the help doc ^G toggles the mini-buffer insert mode. If I
use ^G then 'h' to move back a few characters followed by (^G or i) to
insert a few characters, if the last character that I insert is '\'
when I hit ^G to exit insert mode an actual control-G character is
inserted into the mini-buffer. As if I'd entered it similar to ^V^G.

A second ^G gets me out of edit mode but then I need to remove the
control-G character with x.

Wayne