Re: [vile] Problem with syntax highlighting in vile 9.8l

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: [vile] Problem with syntax highlighting in vile 9.8l
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 09:49:44 +0100

> > However, an enhancement request, can we have a $PATH type VILE_STARTUP_PATH
> > please.  It would mean that custom versions of vile initialisation
>
> sure - it's simply been overlooked.
>
> > files could be added as needed in a local directory and wouldn't be
> > lost when upgrading.
> >
> > For example, it would be possible to set VILE_STARTUP_PATH to
> > something like $HOME/.vileconfig.  Your .vilerc would be in that
>
> VILE_STARTUP_FILE does that...

Does it?  That's not how it reads in the man page, it says:-

       VILE_STARTUP_FILE
              Override  the name of the startup file, normally ``.vilerc'' (or
``vile.rc''
              for non-UNIX systems).

That suggests to me that setting VILE_STARTUP_FILE would allow me to
use .MyVilerc as a startup file instead of .vilerc but wouldn't change
the directories searched to find it.

--
Chris Green