Re: [vile] Is there any sort of outliner that works well with vile?

From: Brendan O'Dea
Subject: Re: [vile] Is there any sort of outliner that works well with vile?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:12:03 +1000

On 12 July 2016 at 16:58, Chris Green <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 08:54:00PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> none that comes to mind (sounds like folding)
>>
> Ah, yes, folding is another way to describe what I want.  That might
> help me find something, thanks.

Editors which implement folding tend to do so by toggling an
"invisible" attribute on the folded regions--so the text is still
there, it is just not displayed when folding is in effect.

vile has support for attributed text, but AFAIK that does not extend
to invisible regions.

What should be able to do however is create a separate buffer which
contains the table of contents of your main document and provides
hyperlinks for each entry back into the main document.