[vile] Vile in termux

From: Jordan Henderson
Subject: [vile] Vile in termux
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:12:06 -0400

I was able to configure and make a vile9.6 in the termux Android environment.

It's an oddball environment, but it's mostly linux.  termux.com for
more information.  It allows you to run openssh client and server on
your unrooted Android device, but there are many packages available.

The biggest issue is that you can't use /bin/sh and there are some
#!/bin/sh scripts around.   It was actually surprisingly easy to fix
and just do a ./configure;make.

By default, there's no c compiler or make installed but these two
commands fix that:

$ packages install clang
$ packages install make

Not sure if there's interest in supporting this environment in a
standard source release, but if there is, I think the instructions
above get you there.

--
----Jordan Henderson

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect
it."
  - Jack Handey