Re: [vile] Quoted motion: (un)bounding of rectangular changes

From: Marc Simpson
Subject: Re: [vile] Quoted motion: (un)bounding of rectangular changes
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 16:07:10 -0700

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Paul Fox <address@hidden> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>  > Is there an analogue that expands the rectangular selection to
>  > accommodate the full replacement?
>
> not that i recall implementing, but it was a very long time ago.
>
> [snip]
>
>  > PS: For some reason, 'e' moves one space further than expected, hence
>  > the 'h'. As intended?
>
> seems like a bug to me, but it was a very long time ago.  :-)
>
> (maybe i shouldn't be responding!  ;-)

Thanks Paul.

Regarding the suspected bug, here's another example: qwq vs. cqwq
(more apparent with qwwq vs. cqwwq). So, the motion discrepancies
aren't particular to rgn_RECTANGLE. They're also not limited to
change: d3qGeq exhibits the same overshoot as my original example.

Will take a closer look in a bit.

/M