Re: [vile] How can I run xvile like "gvim -f"?

From: J. Chris Coppick
Subject: Re: [vile] How can I run xvile like "gvim -f"?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:34:14 -0600

Seems somewhat like what I created vileserv and vileget for.

But I can see how they might not match your use case exactly.

   Chris C.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 7:06 AM, Chris Green <address@hidden> wrote:
I am invoking xvile from a firefox extension (textern if anyone is
interested, it's a replacement for "It's all text" which doesn't work
on Firefox 57 or newer).

For this to work xvile needs to stay in the foreground when invoked,
i.e. it needs to to what gvim does with "gvim -f".  Is there any way
to get it to do this or will I need some sort of wrapper?

--
Chris Green